Suitable for: RTO’s with a 2018-19 Skills First Contract, or those wishing to gain a funding contract in the future.
Date and Time: 18th November 2019, 2pm Melbourne Time
It’s inevitable... we try our best to avoid it by putting measures in place to prevent it, but students can withdraw from a course. They could have personal reasons, be leaving the country, decided the course wasn’t for them, or any number of other reasons.
The question is – what do we do now??
Withdrawals is a tricky part of the contract, and we have seen several RTO’s be shut down recently because their withdrawal process was not up to scratch.
As contracted Training Provider holding a 2018-19 VET Funding Contract, we are obligated to do a number of things when a student withdraws:
- Report the withdrawal no later than two (2) months from the point of withdrawal;
- Continue reporting the withdrawal in all future Student Statistical Reports (uploads of AVETMISS data);
- Claim funding for the withdrawn unit/s of competency based on the ‘hours attended’ prior to the withdrawal; and
- Keep relevant records and evidence of the withdrawal.
If you are thinking ‘How do we do all of this?’, ‘I think we already do this right?’ or ‘I think we need to look at our process..’, then join the AVETMESS team in deconstructing the claiming process when a Skills First funded student withdraws from a training program.
In this webinar, we’ll guide you on the best practice when it comes to processing withdrawals – helping you avoid a mess and possible problems with the Department!
- The general withdrawal process;
- What claiming of ‘hours attended’ is; and
- Program Status Identifiers – official, apparent, deferred.