Date and Time: May 3, 2021 - 1pm Melbourne Time
The Skills First Internal Audit is a great way to see where the Department’s focus is, in regards to the 2021 contract. It provides a great opportunity to review your RTO’s current processes in contrast to your RTO policies and procedures.
Often, practice and policy are quite different. And, it’s better to find this out now, rather than during an external audit.
Are you ready to undertake the 2021 internal audit? Significant changes have been made to the tool from last year with a completely revamped format. It will take a little more time navigating the 66 page document, so as usual, it’s best not to leave this task to the last minute.
This webinar will cover each of the parts of the 2021 Internal Audit Checklist, including:
- How to make findings appropriately using the ‘Audit Elements for Consideration’ and the contract clauses
- The best method to describe your findings - putting your auditor hat on, rather than your employee hat!
- Common areas of non-compliance that we see with RTO’s each year and how to mitigate them
- How to build a rectification plan if/when you identify non-compliance, including:
- Describing findings
- Determining the root cause
- How to create improvement measures
- How to determine suitable timeframes to fix the non-compliance
- How to create a long term plan to prevent future non-compliance in the same area
- Who needs to complete the internal audit?
- What tools do I need?
- How long will it take?
- What are the key points to watch out for?
- What do I do with it once completed?
Who is this webinar suitable for?
- Administrative staff
- Operations Managers
- Compliance staff
Why is it important to attend this webinar?
- Minimise any surprises at audit by checking that your practices reflect policies
- Allows fresh eyes to view practice
- Owning any non-compliance identified, and improving!