Date and Time: July 19, 2021 - 1pm Melbourne Time
NEW CONTENT ANNOUNCED: Since the department made changes to how withdrawals are calculated in Skills First funding at the end of 2019, extending training dates has an impact on your RTO’s cashflow. The department has made some determinations to assist RTO’s manage deferrals due to inability to access practical placements, extending unit dates and processing withdrawals due to the impacts of Covid -19 on the VET sector.
Join the Avetmess team to discuss the best way to integrate these changes in your business processes and ensuring you are compliant with this complex area of the contract.
It’s inevitable... we try our best to avoid it by putting measures in place to prevent it, but students can withdraw from a course. They could have personal reasons, be leaving the country, decided the course wasn’t for them, or any number of other reasons.
The question is – what do we do now??
Every RTO has had to make significant changes to their business in response to Covid 19 which have impacted on cash flow. As placement options return, and students are returning to classrooms or blended learning, the number of apparent and actual withdrawals which were disguised as “awaiting placement” has increased. Now is the time to make sure your processes are correct to avoid large negative claims and “cash flow shock” when the use of “awaiting placement as an outcome is withdrawn in July 2021.
As a contracted Training Provider holding a 2018-19 VET Funding Contract, we are obligated to do a number of things when a student withdraws:
- Report the withdrawal no later than two (2) months from the point of withdrawal;
- Continue reporting the withdrawal in all future Student Statistical Reports (uploads of AVETMISS data);
- Claim funding for the withdrawn unit/s of competency based on the ‘hours attended’ prior to the withdrawal; and
- Keep relevant records and evidence of the withdrawal.
If you are thinking, ‘How do we do all of this?’, ‘I think we already do this right?’ or ‘I think we need to look at our process..’, then join the AVETMESS team in deconstructing the claiming process when a Skills First funded student withdraws from a training program.
In this webinar, we’ll guide you on the best practice when it comes to processing withdrawals – helping you avoid a mess and possible problems with the Department!
- The general withdrawal process;
- What claiming of ‘hours attended’ is; and
- Program Status Identifiers – official, apparent, deferred.
- Implications of not following this process
Who is this webinar suitable for?
This webinar is suitable for RTO’s with a Skills First Contract, or those wishing to gain a funding contract in the future.
- Administrative Staff
- Operations Managers
- Compliance Staff
Why is it important to attend this webinar?
- Getting this wrong impacts cash flow and the bottom line
- Getting this wrong can be the end of your RTO!
- Student management systems don’t automate this for you
- Understanding the analytics around withdrawals can lead to better practice